Drain Visions LLC of New Jersey and Philadelphia specializes in drain inspection in confined spaces related to storm and sewer drain lines. If you’re not sure if your particular space is designated as ‘confined’ we’d be happy to confirm for you. While inspecting drain and sewer lines are often easily accessible spaces, sometimes a permit and a properly trained/certified crew is required. As far as defining a confimed space, OSHA offers the following:
According to the OSHA definition, a confined space is:
- large enough for an employee to enter fully and perform assigned work
- not designed for continuous occupancy by the employee
- limited or restricted in terms of entry or exit
These spaces may include underground vaults, tanks, storage bins, pits, vessels, silos, and other similar confined spaces/areas.
Similarly, the OSHA definition of a permit-required confined space has one or more of the following characteristics:
- Contains, or has the potential to contain, a hazardous atmosphere
- Contains a material with the potential to engulf someone who enters the space
- Has an internal configuration that might cause an entrant to be trapped or asphyxiated by inwardly converging walls or by a floor that slopes downward and tapers to a smaller cross section
- Contains any other recognized serious safety or health hazards
Our crews maintain confined space training and certification. Our equipment is state of the art. We respond with air monitoring, winches, rescue devices, and proper permitting when needed. We use our training and experience to access areas that other companies will not enter. Safety is the number one priority for our team. No entry is performed without the proper equipment and safety briefing.
Why would you need confined space entry with sewers and storm lines? We hear this question often. Confined space entry is complicated and individuals aren’t always aware of areas that are considered confined space. Simply entering a sewer manhole can qualify for confined space. In New Jersey and Philadelphia dangerous gases can enter spaces without being aware. These gases can be deadly within seconds. This is why using a proper company that is trained is critical. Call Drain Visions of New Jersey and Philadelphia to discuss confined space options.
If you are experiencing drain issues, sewer line backups, drain clogs or plumbing issues and need assistance call Drain Visions at (856) 848-1199 or use the form below.